Which is the first page that you visit when you go online?
Most of the time is difficult to find in Argentina the same level of study that you can get in other more developed markets where companies directly or through other associations support the research industry.
This is not the exception. The agency SG2 has just published a study, to which methodology and results quality can be questioned, but compared to any other local alternative becomes relevant and can fulfill the role of self promotion that boost the spread of the study.
Among the results we find that:
- 53% of Internet users connect everyday to Internet. If we add those that say that connect between 4 and 6 days more than 77.3% of users have the Internet as part of their routine.
- The youngest, as well as the highest level of education and the highest socio econonomy level are the segments that use the most Internet.
- More than half of users would like the connection to Internet to be cheaper and easier.
- 55.6% of interviewed believes that the best thing about Internet is to find the information that you need.
- 54.2% of the interviewed believes that the future of the Internet is the access from anywhere, from a cell phone, home phone, TV, etc.
- 27.5% of users prefers useful servcices, 23.2% interesting content and 16.2% presentation and info on the product-service. More than quarter of the people interviewed does not visit the brands website.
- 53.1 % of Internet users use social networks.
- 64.2% agrees with children using social Networks and instant message
- 57.7% knows about tools that limit the access to different social networks. Only 26.5% uses them.
- 58.5% do not access their work email from home.
- 57.4% do not shop online, 44% believe they do not like it, 36.5% because it is not safe and 11.1% because it is uncomfortable.
- 46.2% shop online. 50% of them buy Electronic devices.
- 40.4% states that the first page that they visit when going online is Google, followed by their mail with 17.2% and Clarin Online (Argentine newspaper) with 13.1%
- 45.5% prefer a way of communicated social Networks, Only 23.1% prefer TV and 13.9% the radio.
- More than 7 out of 10 users read printed newspaper. Men and people older than 60 are the one with the highest percentage.
- 30% read the printed newspaper because it is more comfortable, 24.9% because they are used to it, 16% because they can not connect for a long time and 8.8% because they receive it at work.
- 39.4% admits reading the online version of Clarin*, 28% La Nacion* and 7.1% Infobae*. The highest socio economic sector prefer La nacion, while the lower levels prefer Clarin.