After watching it I thought about the following:
• More than the metrics that explain the audience that the exchanges and adnetworks have,(more than 100.000.000 unique users according to comescore)
• Is it still necessary to explain the benefits among the people of the industry?
• William Morrison of ThinkoPanmure ( market research and measuring company) tried to account for the trend: 2001 -20 adnetworks focused on monetizing the unsold inventory, today more than 300 adnetworks focused on Premium inventory with complex offers like Mobile, video, etc.
• It was pathetic the role taken by Wenda Harris Millard , president of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia (MSLO), trying to sustain the value they provide without being able to defend a price defined by a director that has to compete with media which price is set by the market (offer and demand)
• The role of AdAge, emphasizing the controversy doesn’t surprise me since this makes them sell more magazines.
• It is strange that they put together adnetworks and Exchanges without making a difference; it must be because Adsdaq is a network trying to dress up as exchanges as many others.